Thursday, July 23, 2009

New stuff, and an aha! moment.

First, the aha! moment. Since I started playing this game, I've been concerned with the fact that my approach to the ball is too steep, leading to poor contact, either thin or fat, a majority of the time...except for putting, of course.
Yesterday it dawned on me that this problem -- if it was a problem -- was solvable by concentrating on a spot higher on the surface of the ball, 4 o'clock high (assuming that the 12 to 6 position on the clockface is perpendicular to my eyeline and the target line). And it works.

The new stuff is a couple of drivers, a Hi-Bore and an R7. I'm tempted to do a Mickelson and put both in the bag, drawing the Hi-Bore and fading the R7 (set up with the heavier weights on the toe side.)

We'll see, but right now it's raining.

No comments: