Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Latest Changes

Since I've been preaching for ages that eye-dominance matters, I went to the range yesterday and set up open, right eye just inside and behind the ball...and hit dozens of straight shots.
Next, I made sure that on count 4 of my 7-step preshot routine [waggle 3 times, 4 ground the club, 5 forward press 6 back and 7 through] I took a good look at the 'picture' of the club in it's pre-impact position, and held that image in mind as I swung through the ball.
I've also incorporated a flat wrist at the transition -- no cupping or hinging.
Having made those changes, I hit several shots with 5fw hybrid, 3-iron, and 2-hybrid...the 2 hybrid hits the ball higher than the 3-iron, but shorter, and with less spin. The 5-wood has the distance and height advantage over the 3-iron, so it stays in the bag. The 2-hybrid is gone, and the 64ยบ Cleveland is back!
Tee time today = 2pm. Can hardly wait.

No comments: